--Bath streets--

Bath--
Yesterday (Thursday) we took our field trip to Bath. The trip already seems long ago, because I have been (and still am) so busy. So this won't be a very long post.
Our Bath we saw
--the Roman baths,
--the Abbey
--Queen's Square, King's Circus, and Regent's Crescent
This isn't much if you have the whole day to do it in. So for once we had a leisurely pace and a long lunch break. Laura, a friend from Vines, and I decided to use our break to hike up to the top of Hay Hill. It turned out to be quite the hike, but the view (and the feeling of accomplishment) was worth it. And we still had some time, so we went down to Pulteney Bridge (which has shops built into the sides) and then to the covered markets, and then down an alley that looked intriguing.
Bath architecture is quite unique because in the 1700s an architect named John Wood decided to build in what he considered the Biblical—Classical—Stonhenge-esque—Free Masonic style. Despite his eccentricities the buildings did turn out very nicely and his general style (though thankfully not his bizarre theories) became popular.
So, in short, Bath was fun. The Roman ruins were neat, and the fan vaulting on the Abbey beautiful, but I think the social aspect was my favourite part of the trip. As you can see from the pictures, we had time to hang out with each other as well as sightsee.
Okay, I think that is all I'm going to say. I will return to my papers.
--The baths of Bath--

--Fan vaulting in Bath Abbey--

--Bath architecture, Gina and Hosanna in foreground--

--I take a picture for Tory and Jenni--


4 Comments:
What a funny combination, it seems to me, to have a Roman bath and an Abbey in a close location.
Is it odd, or not?
mom
PS. The Abbey ceiling is amazing!
when did you change to "miss kristicity"?! i approve!
i like the pics, especially the action shot of you! I also like the baths.
~K
Shortly after you suggested it, O Roommate.
as I told you last night (that would be, earlier today, for you, you know), now I feel special!
:-D
~K
Post a Comment
<< Home